So…here it is. My blog. Now What? It’s very much like staring at a blank page. I have an idea of what I want to do, but am not sure exactly where to start.
So I suppose I’ll share my new project idea. Our new house is devoid of personality. To infuse personality, I have created names for each room. But I’m taking it one step further. Each letter will be made up of a photo to create that letter. For example, our bird bath has a wrought iron curl that resembles a “P.” So I will shoot and crop it in the name of our guest bedroom: “SPARE OOM.” (Chronicles of Narnia and/or C.S. Lewis fans may recognize the name) I also have some rules as a creative challenge.
- No photos of printed letters from signs or elsewhere.
- Each letter for each sign must come from a different photo.
- Only one letter for each sign can come from a tree.
- As much as possible, the letters should have subjects that correspond to the purpose or decorative theme for that room (i.e. photos of bathroom-related objects for the bathroom)
- As much as possible, take photos of subjects as they are without staging them.
I’m also hoping these rules will make the finished projects more interesting and unified.